Wedding Photo Poses Ideas
The day of the wedding does go by fast so photos is a beautiful way to preserve you wedding memories. Hence, you would not want to miss your favorite or must have photos from the wedding day. Here you will find all of the beautiful wedding photo poses ideas that you can choose from. Your photographer will guide you on your wedding day; however, sometime before the wedding, you can share with them your favorite or must have poses. Since there are a lot of wedding photo poses ideas, taking all of them might not be possible. So it will depend on how long you hired the photographer for, how many photographers, your timeline, location, weather, etc.
Getting Ready – Before Ceremony – wedding photo poses
- Makeup and Hair being done on bride and bridesmaids and/or maid of honor and/or matron of honor.
- Bride and Bridesmaids and/or maid of honor and/or matron of honor hanging out with champagne toasts before wearing dresses.
- Photos of bride’s wedding dress on a hanger or chair and bridesmaids dresses.
- Helping bride put on a wedding dress and all the other accessories like veil, jewelry, tiara, shoes, something blue, new, old, borrowed.
- Bridesmaids and parents reactions to the bride in her wedding dress.
- Bride putting on perfume.
- Bridesmaids and Bride all together.
- Reaction of bride to groom’s gift.
- Bride looking in the mirror.
- All ready to go bride.
- Photo of groom and groomsmen and/or best man tuxedos or suits.
- Groomsmen and/or best man hanging out with groom with toasts.
- Best man helping groom dress.
- Groom putting on shoes.
- Reaction of groom to bride’s gift.
- Groomsmen and/or best man together with groom.
- Groom looking in the mirror.
- All ready to go groom.
- Flower girls admiring wedding dress
- Bride admiring wedding dress
- Invitations and Save the Dates
First Look – wedding photo poses
If you are doing a first look with looking then the must have photos are of bride standing behind the groom and walking towards him. In addition, groom’s reaction to first seeing his bride in her wedding dress. Moreover, bride and groom embrace and hug.
Now if you choose to do a moment between bride and groom without looking then you can do a photo of both of you with the door in between while holding hands. So this way you will have a moment between you two but just without any looking or peeking.
In addition, if you choose to do the first look then you can also take some couples photos, family photos, and bridal party photos before the ceremony.
Ceremony – wedding photo poses
- Wide shot of the ceremony setup and then aisle decor closer details.
- Ceremony signs.
- Details of all the flower decorations and unity ceremony details such as sand ceremony.
- Ceremony musicians if any.
- Empty ceremony then with guests arriving.
- Groom walking down the aisle.
- Parents and Grandparents walking down the aisle.
- Bridesmaids and Groomsmen walking down the aisle.
- Flower Girls walking down the aisle.
- Ring Bearers walking down the aisle.
- Bride and her escort walking down the aisle such as photos of her from the front and the back.
- Groom’s close up reaction to bride walking.
- Photos of bridesmaids standing with flowers then also photo of groomsmen standing.
- Officiant or Pastor photo.
- Bride and Groom standing together.
- Groom’s photo from bride’s point of view.
- Bride’s photo from groom’s point of view.
- Unity ceremony such as sand ceremony or candle ceremony as it’s being done by Bride and Groom.
- Exchanging of the vows then rings between bride and groom.
- The first kiss as Mr. and Mrs.
- Newlyweds walking down the aisle.
- Guests throwing petals or rice or confetti or water bubbles as newlyweds are walking down.
- Newlyweds with guests in the background.
Cocktail Hour – Before Reception – wedding photos poses
Family and Bridal Party Photos
- Officiant or pastor together with Bride and Groom.
- Just the ladies – bride and bridesmaids.
- Bride and bridesmaids holding up their bouquets so no faces are seen.
- All guys – groom and groomsmen.
- Family photos.
- Bridal Party photos.
- Group photo of both families with bride and groom.
- Bride and Groom with flower girls then with ring bearers.
- Bride and Groom looking at each other with bride’s veil flowing.
- Veil covering both bride and groom in embrace.
- Walking away from photographer then walking towards the photographer.
- Forehead kiss from bride then groom.
- Just sitting together, holding hands, and looking at each other.
- Fun photos on the swing if available.
- Views of the ocean, lake, mountains, surroundings with bride and groom in front depending on the venue.
- Pinky swear from both showing off the rings.
- Frame within a frame so bride and groom are photographed through an empty picture frame.
- Photo of bride and groom kissing from the top or the bottom.
- Bride and groom holding their marriage license before it’s sent to become a certificate.
- The backs of bride and groom holding their arms up and making a LOVE sign with their fingers.
- Photo of bride and groom through a wedding ring.
- Groom hugging bride – photo taken of bride’s back with grooms hand making a heart with his hands.
- The dip – groom dips his bride.
- Groom kisses bride’s hand.
- Bride rests her head on groom’s shoulder.
- Photo of groom in the front and bride in the back so that bride appears to be tiny.
- Bride and Groom each holding pictures of their parents on their wedding day.
- Couple holding a thank you banner which then maybe can be used for thank you cards.
- Bride and Groom with balloons.
- Sunset photo of bride and groom.
- If there is a photo booth then a photo of bride and groom taking picture in a photo booth.
Reception – wedding photo poses
- Reception room with all the tables and decorations but without guests.
- Cake table.
- Sweethearts table.
- Mr. and Mrs. chairs.
- Guest tables.
- Table centerpieces.
- Table numbers.
- Reception flowers and decorations.
- Guest book such as traditional guest book or heart drop frame or signature frame or finger print painting or anything else that is an alternative to guest book.
- Wedding favors for guests.
- Reception signs.
- Bar signs.
- Gifts table with or without greeting cards box.
- Bridal party including bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, ring bearers enter the reception area.
- Then the entrance of new Mr. and Mrs.
- First dance.
- Best man speech then Maid of honor speech. In addition, newlyweds reactions to speeches.
- Father – Daughter dance.
- Mother – Son dance.
- Guests and kids dancing.
- Photo of DJ.
- Newlyweds cutting the cake then feeding each other.
- Bouquet toss from the bride.
- Garter toss from the groom after taking it off the bride’s leg.
- Special send off of the newlyweds.
- Newlyweds in a getaway car if any.
- Last newlyweds shot of the night such as elevator closing or in front of their hotel room.
I hope this list of wedding photo poses ideas is helpful to you as you are choosing your favorite or must have photos that you would want your wedding photographer to take of you and your groom/bride.
If you need inspiration from real weddings, take a look at all of the real wedding photos I have featured so far here – real weddings. I would also love to feature your wedding so if you are interested then please let me know here – submit wedding.
In addition, if you have any questions or comments then please comment below.
Thank you so much for reading and visiting my blog. I really appreciate it.
Have a wonderful day and night!
Photographer from our wedding was Lulan Photography.