Prince Harry-Meghan Markle Wedding Cake Details
According to March 20, 2018 royal press release, Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle have chosen pastry chef Claire Ptak to make their wedding cake – lemon elderflower cake. Prince Harry-Meghan Markle wedding cake will incorporate bright spring flavors, buttercream, and fresh flowers. Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle are looking forward to sharing this cake with their wedding guests on May 19, 2018 royal wedding.
For their wedding cake Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle have chosen pastry chef Claire Ptak, owner of the London-based bakery @violetcakeslondon. The couple have asked Claire to create a lemon elderflower cake that will incorporate the bright flavours of spring. It will be covered with buttercream and decorated with fresh flowers🍰 Claire Ptak, who was raised in California, focuses on using seasonal and organic ingredients in her cakes. Ms. Markle previously interviewed Chef Ptak for her lifestyle website The Tig. Prince Harry and Ms. Markle are looking forward to sharing the cake with guests at their wedding at Windsor Castle on May 19th. 📸PA
- Photographer: Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle Wedding Photographer Details.
- Flowers: Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle Wedding Flowers Details.
- Invitations: Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle Wedding Invitations Details.
- Wedding Day Schedule: Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle Wedding Day Schedule (also includes their engagement timeline).
So what is elderflower? It is a blossom from an elder tree and Harper Bazaar wrote an excellent article about the elderflower if you want to check it out.
Elderflower sponge recipe from the @fernverrow cookbook. I love this recipe and now is the moment to make it. When I styled this book, with the amazing Jane and Harry under the direction of legendary photographer @tessatraeger I spent a few days of each season over the course of a year staying at the farm and learning about their Biodynamic practices. The fruits of their labour are indeed some of the best produce in the U.K. Support your farmers. Buy honestly grown food, in season and pay more if you have to.
Claire Ptak is the owner of London based Violet Bakery but originally from California. Per royal press release, here is some detail about Claire Ptak – “Ms. Ptak formerly worked as a pastry chef under the legendary Alice Waters at Chez Panisse in Berkeley, California. Upon moving to London she worked at The Anchor and Hope and staged at St John and Moro. Ms. Ptak then started her own business as a market stall on Broadway Market, East London, cooking from home. She opened Violet Bakery in 2010, with a focus on using high quality, seasonal and organic ingredients in her cakes, and works as a food stylist and food writer. Ms. Markle had previously interviewed Ms. Ptak for her former lifestyle website TheTig.com where she celebrated food and travel, and featured interviews with friends and role models to discuss philanthropy and community.”
Claire Ptak said:
“I can’t tell you how delighted I am to be chosen to make Prince Harry and Ms. Markle’s wedding cake. Knowing that they really share the same values as I do about food provenance, sustainability, seasonality and most importantly flavor, makes this the most exciting event to be a part of.”
In addition to being the owner of Violet Bakery, Claire Ptak is an author of a few books. So if you want to check out her book then here is the link where you can purchase her book:
So my hope is that you enjoyed this news about Prince Harry-Meghan Markle wedding cake. I also hope that you were able to learn more about elderflower flavor and Claire Ptak. In addition, please let me know if you would want that flavor for your wedding cake. Moreover, please leave a comment in the comments section below if you have any questions or comments.
Thank you so much for reading and visiting my blog!
Additionally, have a wonderful day and night!
Info. This tab has all the links that you might find interesting and useful such as links to the following:
- Wedding Forums – here you can join the community so you can ask questions and get answers.
- Wedding Services – more information on services we provide such as day of coordinator.
- About – if you want to find out more about the blog and founder then this is where you can do that.
- Contact – so this page has a contact form and other ways you can contact us.
- Newsletter – if you want to sign up for our weekly newsletter then you can do it there.
- Submissions – so this is where you can find more information on how to submit photos to be featured on AisleMemories.
- Badge – here you can grab a featured badge when you work was featured on the blog.
- Gallery – so this page has photos from AisleMemories Instagram where each photo connects to the actual related blog post.