Sarah-Kyle Wedding at The Preston Woodall House, Benson, NC, US
Alicia Hite Photography beautifully captured Sarah-Kyle Wedding at The Preston Woodall House in Benson, North Carolina. This beautiful wedding incorporated wedding colors of radiant reds and gorgeous gray and everything looked simply stunning from the wedding dress, flowers, decorations, and cake. See more of what the bride said about the wedding and planning below.
Event Date was February 24, 2018. So please take a look at Sarah-Kyle wedding as told through the beautiful photos and bride’s story below. In addition, please leave a note in the comments if you enjoyed looking at this wedding and found some inspiration.
Moreover, Congratulations to Sarah and Kyle!
From the bride: Sarah-Kyle Wedding
1. At my wedding the two major themes I wanted to incorporate were NC State and Phantom of the Opera. From that I selected the colors of red and gray. The biggest religious tradition we included was having a prayer at the start of the ceremony.
2. The centerpieces I did myself with the help from some amazing friends. I found the idea off of Pinterest and made it my own. I did 3 varying height floating candles and in the vases I placed a rose with white beading at the bottom. I also sprinkled rose petals around the tables to help complete the look. The altar and all real flowers were done from Jeffrey’s Florist and the inspiration also came from Pinterest having the large branches at the altar to give the wedding a winter-y feeling.
3. All the flowers in the bouquets, cake, and buffet table were real flowers, while the ones with the centerpieces were fake. Flowers were not incredibly important to me on my wedding day, originally I considered creating my own bouquets from fake flowers. My mother really wanted real flowers used through the entire wedding, and she was going to be paying for them so I agreed.
4. I did not have any special entertainment for the guests but I did have some fun quick games at the wedding. The first was the anniversary dance where all married couples joined my husband and I on the dance floor. The DJ would say anyone who has been married for more than a year stay on the floor and continued on from there until there was one couple left. The guests appeared to have a fun time with it. We also played the shoe game which many people commented about enjoying.
5. When trying on wedding dresses I always thought I wanted the lace elegant look but after putting a few on I found that I was in love with a poofy skirt. I loved a skirt that could move and I could play with as I danced. From there I wanted the rest of the dress to be simple, I don’t have a flashy personality so I didn’t want a flashy dress. The only bling I added to the dress was a small belt just to give the dress some sparkle. With the veil, the only one I tried on was a cathedral length veil and I was immediately in love, it added an extra element of elegance that I couldn’t resist. Kyle’s tuxedo was rented from Men’s Warehouse. For him we wanted a sharp, smooth look so we selected a black tux and black shirts. With the vests we wanted Kyle to stand out a little so he had a grey vest with a red tie and the men had a red vest with a gray tie to match the color scheme of the girl’s dresses.
6. Kyle and I met 6 years ago on the second day of college at NC State University. We both lived in Sullivan hall on the second floor and each floor had a lounge that had a stove in it. When I walked in and started talking to him and his friends I mentioned that I could make cookies in the lounge and from then I was known as a cookie girl. We became best friends almost immediately and after many nights staying up late playing video games we decided to start dating. 5 years later we took a trip to Asheville and we were going to do our own waterfall tour throughout Pusgah National Forest. At our last waterfall we went down a small trail next to the river and that’s when Kyle got down on one knee!
7. What I was most excited about for the wedding was the reception! Everyone I talked to before the wedding, I told them I wanted them dancing and drinking all night long and that’s what we got! Even a week later people are still telling me how amazing the reception was!
8. Everyone told me to take time for myself and try not to stress but that I feel like isn’t really possible. You should take your planning a day at a time, if you don’t get something done it’s ok and you can pick it up the next day. Don’t try to focus on not being stressed but rather embrace the stress and work through your wedding planning the way it works for you.
Sarah-Kyle Wedding Photos:
Wedding Director: Nick Ammons
Bridal Shoes, Jewelry, Bridesmaids Dresses and Accessories: David’s Bridal
Hair: Terry Tharrington
Makeup: Maddy Pipitone
DJ: DJ Rone – Ronald Kuzman
Honeymoon: Carnival Cruise Line
Submitted via Two Bright Lights
Alicia Hite Photography:
So my hope is that you enjoyed looking at all of these beautiful Sarah-Kyle Wedding photos and found some inspiration. In addition, please let us know in the comments below what was your favorite part from this featured real wedding.
Thank you so much for reading and visiting our wedding blog!
Additionally, have a wonderful day and night!
Info. So this section has some useful links on our wedding blog.
Inspiration. So here you can get inspiration from featured real weddings or engagements.
Disclosure. So this is where we have more details on affiliate links on our wedding blog.