Workouts To Get In Shape Before The Wedding That I Tried
Four months before my March 2017 wedding, I realized that instead of getting in shape I was getting out of shape. Something needed to change if I wanted to fit into my wedding dress. Hence, I decided to start workouts that I will tell you more about below. In addition to workouts, my husband and I drank more water, did meal prep, and watched calories intake.
Workouts that my husband and I did together:
- We live in Southern California and with so many mountains around us, we started hiking beautiful trails near us. We mainly hiked during the weekends. Some of our favorite hiking spots are Los Leones Trail and Temescal Canyon Trail – both are located in Los Angeles County – more information here – LA County Trails.
To learn more about hiking, here is a great post with an ultimate beginner’s guide to hiking.
- We also joined a gym – Anytime Fitness gym and we were going there every weekend. The reason we chose Anytime Fitness was because it was close to our home but also because it was small, super clean, and had everything we needed. Anytime Fitness is a franchise so each location has a different owner. You can actually own Anytime Fitness gym if you meet their qualifications of course. The gym that we chose is owned by a husband and wife team. We love that they keep their gym so clean and organized and that you can see the owners there often. When we were going to that gym on the weekends, we did a combination of cardio and weights. Anytime Fitness gyms offer a free 7 day trial if you want to check them out.
Workouts that I did during the work week:
- Pilates: November 2016 was the first month of my workouts routine. Through Groupon app that offers savings, I got a deal for a one month of unlimited pilates classes at BenefitBody so I was going there 5 days a week. It was my very first time trying out pilates and at the end of November 2016, I did not really notice any weight loss or change in my body measurements so I chose not to continue with pilates anymore. For me, pilates was not that challenging.
- Pure Barre: December 2016 and February 2017 were the months when I tried Pure Barre workouts for the first time. I saw the most change in my body after doing Pure Barre. The classes were a lot of fun. Pure Barre is a franchise so each location might have a different owner and you can own one if you meet their qualifications. If you want to check them out, they offer a free week for newbies. Pure Barre is a full body ballet barre workout and it is my favorite workout that I have tried and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
- In January 2017, I tried YogaWorks classes for the first time. They offer a few different classes such as TRX, SculptWorks, Pilates, and Yoga. My favorite was TRX and SculptWorks. YogaWorks offers one free week for new students.
- In March 2017, I tried CardioBarre classes for the first time. The classes were not my favorite but they are worth mentioning since I tried them. They are similar to Pure Barre but I felt like the ballet technique was a bit outdated and not as fun like Pure Barre.
After trying all of the workouts mentioned above before my wedding, I must say that a combination of all of the workout classes, hiking, and gym have all helped me lose some inches of my body and lose some weight as well. My favorite workouts that I loved and would recommend are Pure Barre classes, Hiking, and Gym workouts. Each workout that I tried such as Pilates, Pure Barre, Yoga Works, and Cardio Barre, I did them Monday through Friday, 5 days a week. I was doing hiking and gym during weekends only. I did fit into my wedding dress. 🙂
Right now 9 months since the wedding, my husband and I still go hiking sometimes and we also joined another gym – Snap Fitness. It is similar to Anytime Fitness because it’s also a franchise so each location has a different owner and it’s also small, clean, and has everything we need. Snap Fitness also offers a free week to the newbies. You can also own a Snap Fitness gym if you meet their qualifications.
Thank you so much for reading and for visiting my blog.
To learn more about me, click here – About Me 🙂
To ask questions from me or fellow readers, click on our forum – Forums 🙂